22 Secrets Girls Who Wear Hijabs Will Never Tell You
1. There are about a million ways to tie a hijab.
2. And we can’t buy a new outfit until we’ve found a hijab to match.
3. But despite owning millions of them, we repeat our favourite five all the time.
4. We don’t wash our hair as often as we should, because we know you won’t see it.
5. Covering our entire bodies means we get really hot in the summer.
6. Which means we seriously question our decision every summer.
7. Getting home is one of the biggest highlights of the day. (Taking off your hijabs is a glorious moment, especially if you tied it too tight in the morning and you’ve had a hijab-headache all day.)
8. Every other day is a bad hijab day.
9. We watch hijab tutorials on YouTube.
10. Sometimes we stay in all day and we get to use the excuse that putting on a hijab is too much effort.
11. That’s why we sometimes take forever to open the door.
12. We tell lies when people ask us dumb questions.
13. We judge other hijabis based on bun height.
14. We spend a lot of time avoiding hugs from strangers. Especially men.
15. We have really nice hair underneath.
16. Our hijabs act like a pair of ear muffs, which means we sometimes can’t hear you.
17. If we drop our lunch, it ends up in our hijab.
18. All extreme sports are a write off.
19. And, despite popular belief, our hijabs don’t act as umbrellas.
20. The wind is not our friend.
21. When the word “terrorist” appears in the news, we mentally prepare ourselves for a string of misinformed questions.
22. But most importantly, we’re really proud of our choice.